Snapchatters are a distinct subset of users, and they are the ones who come up with acronyms and abbreviations that are exceptional to the app. The most recent abbreviation to become famous is #WCW. If you have heard of it, you have probably pondered its meaning and how to utilize it.
If you are a baby boomer, WCW probably brings World Championship Wrestling. WCW on Snapchat is sometimes used to refer to World Champion Wrestling, but this usage is uncommon because the corporation no longer exists.
If you want to promote a woman you admire, you can use WCW on Snapchat regardless of your gender. Here are some things you will come to know about WCW on Snapchat, which are explained below:
What is WCW Meaning?
WCW stands for Woman Crush Wednesday and is a popular hashtag on social media for tagging images and posts of women users find attractive or who inspire them.
Similar read: What Does WTV Mean
It is a type of unofficial award or a straightforward method of expressing your affection for a woman. Before becoming popular on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Tumblr, Twitter was where the hashtag #WCW was first used.
The origin of WCW:
In 2010, a phenomenon known as Woman Crush Wednesday was created in reaction to the Man Crash Monday video game. Women worldwide supported and utilized the slogan’s hashtag, #WCW, to show their appreciation for other women in 2015.
The acronym WCW is now widely used on Snapchat. It was first used mainly for posts about attractive ladies that the user found. Still, it has developed into many other uses and purposes, including being used as a casual prize for a woman.
What does WCW mean on Snapchat?
WCW, which stands for “Women Crush Wednesdays,” expresses affection for women. Like TBT, you can use this hashtag every Wednesday to honor women you value and love.
Unlike an acronym, WCW is typically used as a hashtag alongside posts where women and men show appreciation for other women and those showing self-appreciation.
It is also used metaphorically to honor women who have overcome obstacles to achieve great things. WCW can be found in blogs on pride month, mental health, and other topics.
How is WCW used on Snapchat?
WCW uses Wednesdays to celebrate women. The most frequent ones that you may find on Snapchat are mentioned below. This acronym has several possible use cases. This should help you understand how and where this acronym is used on Snapchat.
- Boyfriends are showing their better halves some love using the hashtag #WCW.
- Men who use #WCW are crushing on their women.
- Women celebrate World Women’s Day by showing gratitude to their friends and coworkers.
- Many people utilize #WCW to show gratitude to close friends and family.
- Local media and politicians who support women and give them new possibilities also use the hashtag #WCW.
- Women use the hashtag #WCW to recognize the challenges of other women and individuals while discussing patriarchy, the advancement of women’s rights, equality, and pride.
When to use the acronym WCW?
Although #WCW is most frequently used on Wednesdays, you can occasionally use it on other days of the week. Use it when you want to commend, adore, or admire ladies and girls in images that you upload.
Similar read: What Is TBH Meaning on Instagram
It suffices to indicate your level of respect or love for that particular lady without having to be sexually explicit. When you upload photos of your favorite woman of the day on Snapchat, enter #WCW in the caption to use the acronym. If you’d like, you may make a couple more comments.
How to use WCW in Texting?
The method of using WCW and the discussions are pretty straightforward. To get started, open the chat and enter the characters. Did you know that Snapchat also has particular stickers you may use to indicate #WCW in your Snaps? Let’s examine them below:
- Utilize Snapchat on your Smartphone by opening it and taking a snap as usual.
- After clicking, select “Sticker” from the menu in the top right corner of your screen.
- Now use the search box to look for WCW.
- Now, GIPHY and Snapchat stickers will yield results. Pick the one that best fits your requirements to get going.
- Your chosen sticker will be put on your Snap as soon as you tap on it. To position it in the best possible location, drag and drop it. The sticker’s size can also be changed by pinching in and out.
- Once satisfied with the positioning, you may send the Snap to the recipient.
- You should now be able to use WCW in your Snaps without difficulty.
Wrapping it up:
Do you have a woman you admire and want to tell the world about it? This following Wednesday, use the hashtag #WCW to share her photo on Snapchat.
You may express your love for your significant other and respect and admiration for all women by using the hashtag #WCW, which stands for Woman Crush Wednesday. This post provides all the details you need to confidently join the #WCW trend to ensure you get it correctly.