20 Inspirational Quotes by Narayana Murthy
Nagavara Ramarao Narayana Murthy or N R Narayana Murthy co-founded Indian tech conglomerate Infosys back in 2013. He is one among the most respected IT faces in India and the world. It’s his wit, vision and mission that turned Infosys into India’s second largest software services company. (Top 20 N R Narayana Murthy Quotes)
Infosys Narayana Murthy Quotes
From India to overseas, Infosys is continuously writing its success story. The $ 7.3 billion-revenue conglomerate has an astounding growth story to share with the world. Murthy floated Infosys in 1981and until 2006 when he voluntarily gave up all executive functions at Infosys, he worked with his team to help the company reach heights.
He was brought back to the company’s board in June 2013 to strengthen the company’s position that slipped to number three in the Indian IT league during the period. After resuming the position, Mr Murthy’s brought major changes to its management and decision making procedures to get the company back on track.
And then miracle happened. A company that slipped to the bottom of the top 3, gradually improved and gained over 23 per cent in following moths. Rest is the history. He was conferred with Padma Vibhushan, the country’s second highest civilian honor for his contribution in the growth of Indian IT industry.
The post lists N R Narayana Murthy’s top 20 inspirational quotes that will surely inspire you to get your steps right in your professional Journey.
Narayana Murthy Quotes
1. “A clear conscience is the softest pillow in the world.”
2. “A plausible impossibility is better than a convincing possibility.”
3. “Character + Chance = Success”
4. “Entrepreneurship is all about deferred gratification.”
5. “I am a believer in the adage – performance leads to recognition, recognition leads to respect and respect leads to power.”
6. “I have always looked at my competencies before accepting any responsibility.”
7. “In God we trust, everybody else bring data to the table.”
Infosys’s Narayana Murthy Quotes
8. “In the fullness of time, when it is our turn to give, we must in turn plant gardens that we may never eat the fruit of, which will benefit the generations to come.”
9. “It is better to underpromise and overdeliver than vice versa. For this one need not break the law of the land.”
10. “Leadership is about doing the right thing, even if it going against a vast number of naysayers and mediocre people.”
11. “Love your job, but never fall in love with your company because you never know when the company stops loving you.”
12. “Nobody is bothered about an institution more than its alumni.”
Narayana Murthy Inspirational Quotes
13. “Organisations with decision-making speed and imagination will thrive as nobody can claim to have a monopoly over creativity.”
14. “Our assets walk out of the door each evening. We have to make sure that they come back the next morning.”
15. “Performance leads to recognition. Recognition brings respect. Respect enhances power. Humility and grace in one’s moments of power enhances dignity of an organization.”
Narayana Murthy Sayings
16. “Progress is often equal to the difference between mind and mindset.”
17. “Respect, recognition, and reward flow out of performance.”
18. “The real power of money is the power to give it away.”
“19. The velocity of decision making in government was extraordinary slow. It took 18 to 24 months and 15 to 20 trips to Delhi to get a license to import computers.”
20. “Valuable advice can sometimes come from an unexpected source, and chance events can sometimes open new doors.”