SNAP vs XAT, Which One is Better? An Expert Overview
While comparing SNAP and XAT, many a times the question is asked, “SNAP or XAT, which is better”? To this question, experts put forward their view saying that keeping difficulty level in consideration, XAT’s difficulty level is a bit higher than that of SNAP.
SNAP vs XAT, Which One is Better?
Still, students have to be conscious while filling up the application form for any of the exams. There are many perspectives to be considered while making a choice between these two prestigious entrance exams such as difficulty level, exam pattern, syllabus for both the exams, difficulty level and other factors.
While opting for one of the exam, it is important to know the basic differences in both the exams so that one can distinguish easily and know which exam would be a good fit. Let us now have a look on how XAT is different from SNAP and which one must be preferred by the candidates:-
How SNAP differs from XAT?
The basic difference between both the exams is of their conducting bodies. SNAP is conducted by Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune and is mandatory exam for getting admission in Symbiosis colleges such as Symbiosis Institute of Management Pune and other 14 colleges affiliated to Symbiosis University.
Whereas XAT is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur and is mandatory for getting admission in XLRI Jamshedpur. Along with this, the XAT scorecard is accepted to get admission in many other management schools such as SPJIMR Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, GIM Goa, TAPMI Manipal and many others.
Other major difference can be seen in exam pattern. SNAP has separate GK section in the exam and its score is taken into account while calculating the percentile. But in XAT,
although the exam has separate GK section, but marks obtained in GK are not taken in account for percentile calculation. SNAP is considered to be the one with comparatively lower difficulty level than XAT’s difficulty level.
SNAP or XAT?
Answer to this question lies in the preferences of the candidate. If a candidate wishes to do MBA from Symbiosis Institute then candidate must appear in SNAP. On the other hand, if the student is inclined towards XLRI Jamshedpur for their management degree, then, they should have XAT as their option.
Exam Pattern and Important Dates of SNAP and XAT:-
- Next exam of XAT and SNAP will be conducted on Jan 6, 2019 and Dec 16, 2018 respectively. Total 150 questions (all MCQs) are asked in SNAP while in XAT, number of questions asked are 100 where 97 to 99 questions are MCQ and 1 question is subjective (for essay writing).
Time allotted for SNAP and XAT is 2 hours and 3.5 hours respectively.
- In SNAP, there are four options out of which candidate has to select the most appropriate one while in XAT, five options are there to choose the correct answer.
- 4 marks are awarded for every correct response in SNAP while in XAT, 1 mark is given for correct answers in MCQ and 3 marks are there for essay writing.
- Deduction of 0.25 marks would be done for every incorrect response in SNAP while in XAT, there is no negative marking for 25 GK questions as well as essay writing and for the rest 72 MCQs, 0.25 marks would be deducted for every wrong answer.
- There is no sectional timing for both SNAP as well as XAT exam.
- Those institutes which accept the score of SNAP are SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, SIIB Pune, SIBM
- Bangalore and other Symbiosis affiliated colleges.
- XAT scorecard is considered liable in XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, TAPMI, XIMB, GIM Goa, IFMR, Great Lakes among others.
We hope that the information provided above helps you in the decision making and gives you an insight of merits and demerits of SNAP and XAT. Thus, would help the students for choosing appropriate exam for them as per their convenience.
SNAP vs XAT, Which One is Better?
Latest posts by Sumant Singh (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Wallpapers - August 18, 2019
- LG May Announce LG G8X Smartphone in IFA 2019 - August 13, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy A10s Launched with Dual Rear Cameras - August 10, 2019