Skype Introduces End to End Encryption to its App
Microsoft, the owners of Messaging app Skype, and Signal collaborate together to bring a long anticipated change to the renowned messaging app. They join hand to make Skype conversations as private and secure as possible.
Skype End to End Encryption
Soon Skype will get end-to-end encryption feature that like its arch rivals Facebook messenger and WhatsApp already have been using since long.
Skype End to End Encryption that will be available for Skype users in the form of Private conversations is being tested with a set of select users. The feature will be limited to one to one communication and is not supported in groups chat.
Here is how it works:
- Tap or click the + icon.
- Select New Private Conversation.
- Choose the contact you’d like to start the Private Conversation with.
- Your contact will receive an invitation that’s valid for 7 days. Invitation expires if it’s not accepted within 7 days window. If the invite is expired you will need to send another one.
- Once the contact has accepted, your Private Conversation will be available on that specific device. If you’d like to move the conversation to a different device, you would need to resend the invitation to your contact.
- Once you’re done with the conversation, you may delete the Private Conversation by right-clicking on the conversation and selecting Delete chat.
The feature will be rolled out for Android and iOS once it successfully passes the insider test.
Latest posts by Sumant Singh (see all)
- SaleSource Review : Get Bestselling Dropship Products - November 9, 2019
- How to Write a Blog Post: Check Out our SEO tips - November 7, 2019
- Download Huawei Nova 5Z Stock Wallpapers in HD - November 2, 2019