WhatsApp To Stop Supporting Blackberry and Nokia Devices By 2016 End
In an unprecedented decision, WhatsApp has decided to cease its support for some of the major operating systems including BlackBerry, Nokia S40 and Nokia Symbian S60 by the end of this year.
The Facebook owned messenger would also cease support for Android 2.1 and 2.2 or Windows Phone 7.1 operating systems. The news has appeared at the time when WhatsApp is celebrating its 7th anniversary and has touched one billion user mark. The list of operating system WhatsApp would stop supporting:
• All BlackBerry OS devices, even the newish BlackBerry 10
• Nokia S40
• Nokia Symbian S60
• Android 2.1 and Android 2.2
• Windows Phone 7.1
The news might invoke mix responses from the Smartphone markets. Developing markets may feel disappointed as they have a fair amount of users who use Nokia operating system. On the contrary, companies who are looking at leveraging popular platforms (Android, iOs) with growing user base may have an edge.
WhatsApp To Stop Supporting Blackberry and Nokia
- Mouse Purchase Guide: Key Things to Know When Buying - November 30, 2020
- 8 Best Website to Watch Bollywood Movies Online (Free & Paid) - November 26, 2020
- 11 Online Photo Collage Maker Tools for Creative Folks - November 20, 2020