Physiotherapy Marketing Tips to Grow Your Business
Although personal connections and networking can build your clientele, it can be challenging to keep both new and old clients coming in. Online and digital marketing is a powerful, cost-effective technique to gain more customers.
9 Physiotherapy Marketing Tips
Having a solid marketing plan in place can help grow your business exponentially. To get new patients, your online marketing efforts should target your exact local market. Consider gender, age, and income bracket.
Advertise on websites and in publications that provide relevant information to your potential patients. Here, we offer some physiotherapy marketing tips to help you succeed.
1. Have a Website
In today’s digital world, having a website is a must for any business, big or small. A site can reach a wider audience than other forms of advertising. Having a website is not only about promoting your products or services — it is an opportunity to share valuable information with your audience.
Elements of a good website
- Space: Make sure your designer establishes a proper flow of text and emphasizes readability. Visitors to your site need to have their eyes directed to relevant information. A page that’s too busy is hard to follow.
- Simple Navigation: Keep the menu simple and easy to use; avoid overwhelming people on your home page — or any page.
- “About Us” Page: Add this information to explain what your business is all about and your team philosophy. Keep the info impactful yet straightforward. Include photos of your staff and a short company biography.
- Contact Information: Even if you will place these items in the header and create a “Contact Us” page, make the information visible. Include your phone number, the physical address of your store, and email (or link to a contact form).
- Call to Action: Your call-to-action (the closing statement that suggests further action from the audience) should be clear and compelling. Explain to an interested reader what their next step is. You can use bold text or contrasting colours to guide users to click a link. Buttons should tell them what to do: Buy Now or Download Here.
- Search Box: The search box helps users find older information or a specific product or service quickly without using the navigational menu.
- Informational Footer: It often includes information that connects you to the audience. A small site map, links, company information, or context for your site are often found in the footer.
- Logo: Your business’ visual brand expresses your business identity. A logo can instill trust and confidence. When it is immediately recognizable, it helps you connect with your target market. Get an experienced graphic designer to work with you on creating the logo that’s right for you.
- Define Your Services – Some people may think that physiotherapy is solely for athletes, accident victims, and people with a disability. Your online marketing efforts should inform people that your clinic assists with everyday pain and mobility issues.
You may require professional help from a reputable SEO agency when building or updating your website. If you need advice on elements like graphics, design, or an internet marketing focus, Local SEO Search Inc. provides physiotherapy online advertising to bolster your business.
2. Outshine Competitors in Google Reviews
Online customer reviews influence the buying decision of 88 percent of potential clients. Google also gives higher rankings to websites with more online reviews.
For instance, if someone is doing an Internet search for “Physiotherapy Clinic in Toronto,” they’re more likely to see you on the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs) and find your clinic trustworthy when they read patient testimonials.
3. Become the Go-To Place
Make your website the go-to place for physiotherapy patients, and those interested in the field. In addition to describing excellent products and services, your site should also offer crucial information to your audience through blogs.
Regular blog posts increase the visibility and ranking of your website. Becoming a “one-stop shop” for physiotherapy information makes you a valuable asset to your patients, and increases the likelihood that they recommend your clinic to others.
4. Add Valuable Videos
Videos are one of the most effective content types for social media. SEO experts predict that videos will account about 80 percent of all internet traffic in 2019. Additionally, it influences the purchase decisions for 90 percent of viewers.
Create videos that offer useful information to prospective patients. Address specific physiological health problems you treat and suggest solutions to ease the pain. You can also showcase how your products and services are beneficial.
5. Acquire Patient Testimonials
In the age of social media, patient testimonials can expand your base of prospective clients. Testimonials are a powerful tool that shows your target market how you can help them. Positive testimonials help convert readers into clients.
Tips for effective patient testimonials
- Ask them to be honest and specific with their experience.
- Balance their positive feedback with a constructive opinion.
- Edit testimonials for grammar, clarity, and length. Poorly written testimonials may cause readers to doubt your professionalism.
6. Be Active on Social Media
Social media sites (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter) are a useful tool for keeping any business competitive. Social media provides immediate exposure and an opportunity to develop relationships with your current and target clientele. It is a powerful medium that allows you to interact with your audience, answer questions, inform readers, and grow your customer base.
7. Observe Your Competitors
Be aware of your competition’s online activity and marketing platforms. Doing so provides powerful insights, especially if you are a startup clinic. You don’t necessarily need to reinvent your marketing and advertising campaigns.
Learn from others’ success and model your marketing to suit your style. Read competitor blogs for new insights. Implement useful ideas on your site. Always rewrite content in your own voice; there are steep search engine penalties for plagiarism.
8. Learn about Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an incredibly useful tool to monitor and track the progress and performance of your website. It provides you with crucial information, including:
- Number of people visiting your site
- Geographical location of your visitors
- Devices used to access your site (e.g. laptop, smartphone)
- Time spent during the visit
- Pages they quickly left (“bounced”)
- Sources referring them to your website (Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Number of new and returning visitors
How to install Google Analytics on your website
- Sign up for an account at Analytics.Google.com.
- Once you have an account, click Access Google Analytics and sign up.
- Add your account name, website name and URL, category/industry, and time zone.
- Click the “Get Tracking ID” button.
- Read and agree to the terms and services set by Google Analytics.
- Copy and paste the tracking ID to your website.
Once installed, use Google analytics to identify who’s visiting your website and their activity there.
9. Use Online Advertising
Online advertising is often more effective than many traditional forms of advertising. It allows you to deliver personalized, relevant, and timely messages to your desired audience at a low cost, delivering an amazingly efficient ROI for your advertising dollars. Online advertising can generate leads both locally and globally.
Do you have other physiotherapy marketing tips to share or some knowledge that helped bring greater success to your business? Please share them with us in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.
- Physiotherapy Marketing Tips to Grow Your Business - April 26, 2019