A Complete Guide on how to Build an On-demand Fuel App
While heading to San Francisco with a car, making sure the gas tank is full, storing the fuel alongside ensuring no fuel spill for future needs, standing in long queues and wasting a couple of minutes at the fuel station to get the tank refilled, or ran out of the fuel in the middle of the way are some of the points of friction that puts off the people before the concept of “Uber for fuel,” arrived.
how to Build an On-demand Fuel App?
The tales of fuel station woe have inspired many startups to fuel up the requested vehicle anytime, anywhere, just in a flash of clap with on-demand app development.
The safe, inexpensive, and simple way to refill the tanks has scored a massive hit in the cities of California and London, and now, it’s spreading its wings worldwide.
What on-demand fuel app is?
Just the way people get a car on rent, a hot meal, minibar, and bartender, or a saloon at the doorstep, getting the car filled with fuel at the defined location in a few clicks is what the on-demand fuel app is all about.
From the business perspective, building the fleet of fuel trucks is the fundamental work that must be accomplished beforehand. Also, make certain, the fuel trucks adhere to the safety and regulatory compliances referring to the jurisdiction of the nation.
The next step is to build an IT infrastructure where the complex network of fuel delivery unit, delivery agents, and the customers are managed and handled seamlessly, in addition, explosive firing issues are taken care of.
That’s why the fuel trucks must be equipped with GPS sensors and smart IoT devices to detect and report any anomalies in the fleet proactively so that required actions can be taken ahead of the time.
Why it’s gaining huge traction in the market?
Undoubtedly, in the digital universe, people have accustomed to getting everything with least efforts. On-demand fuel delivery app is a one-stop solution that spares the people from visiting fuel station and standing in long queues, save them from the emergencies when the car ran out of fuel in the remote place with no fuel station nearby, eliminate the need for storing and carrying fuel with them, and concerning about fuel’s quality issue as on-demand services use the double filtered fuel that doesn’t sit in an underground tank for months.
In this way, the app has covered every fuel related needs of the people alongside saving a lot of time, efforts and dollars. It’s a lucrative opportunity for the startups to serve the people by translating the idea into a full-fledged solution.
The business model:
Booster Fuels that drive the place where the customer’s car is parked and fill up the tanks at 10 to 15% cheaper prices have increased the sales and revenue to “a high single-digit” of millions of dollars in the last five years.
See how? No additional fee is charged from the customers for the services and huge bucks are made on every transaction by eliminating the role of middlemen (Gas station) that ends up the need of paying overheads of owning the stations.
Excited to build an app like Booster Fuels? Wanted to create a plan of action for on-demand app development? If so, it’s justifiable to read ahead. Basically, there are three key stakeholders of this on-demand fuel delivery business for which different interfaces must be built. They are:
- The fuel delivery unit owner
- The fuel delivery agents
- The customers
The distinct set of features that every stakeholder’s interface must have:
For fuel delivery unit owner
- The central dashboard to view and manage all the functionalities of delivery agents and the customers on the web platform.
- Tracking the total number of registered agents, their latest status (onboard or standing idle), and the fuel deliveries done by them in the real-time. Admin reserves the right to add/edit/delete the agents or the information related to them.
- Tracking the total number of registered customers, view the customers’ data and gas consumed by them, and reserves the right to block them anytime.
- View the detailed reports of all the transactions carried out on the app, be it payment made by the customers, or payment collected by agents. In case of any discrepancy, the admin is liable to resolve the issues.
- The admin will set the radius in the distance setting feature so that agents will get the fuel delivery request of the proximity of the defined distance.
- Cancellation fee to charge from the customers upon the cancellation of the fuel delivery can be set by the admin.
- Through analytics and reporting feature, the admin will get the detailed reports on the fuel bookings, the consumption and payment received. Also, the analysis gives him rich insights into profits, adherence to safety and security standards, and the evolving future needs.
For fuel delivery agents
- The nearby agents will get the delivery request and the one who accepts the booking request first will become responsible to deliver the fuel as per the schedule.
- Post-request acceptance, the agent will get the complete trip information, including- customer’s address, the amount of fuel to deliver, and the payment mode.
- The journey starts as soon as the agent accepts the request and board, and it ends as he reached the destination.
- The inbuilt GPS functionality to easily locate the customer’s location.
- The route optimization aids agents to get the best route, and reach out to the customers and refill the tanks in the minimum time.
- Facilitate direct communication with the customers through in-app calling or in-app chat feature.
For target customers
- The easy registration or login process with social media integration.
- Make instant booking or pre-booking for the fuel delivery after describing the schedule and address as per the requirements.
- Enable to track agent on the map in order to help them easily arrive at the defined location.
- Allow the customers to check the availability of the fuel immediately and place the order accordingly.
- Connect with the driver to know the reasons for delayed deliveries.
- Get multiple payment options to pay for fuel delivery seamlessly.
The push notifications are sent for everything such as the order placed, when agent board the journey, the reason for the delays, the service offered, or the arrival of the new features.
how to Build an On-demand Fuel App?
Latest posts by mansuri @peerbits.com (see all)
- A Complete Guide on how to Build an On-demand Fuel App - April 18, 2019