Now You Can Control Google Maps Using Keyboard
Google has lately announced that users can now navigate and control Google maps functions and control with your keyboard.
The new feature will enable users to use various keyboard controls to zoom, find and learn more about specific places like neighborhoods, transit stations and shops and restaurants on Google maps. This is how you can use keyboard controls:
- Press Tab to focus the map. An area of the map will be highlighted with a square.
- Below the square, there will be a numbered list of places in that area.
- To move around the map, use the arrow keys. To move the map by one square, hold down Shift while using the arrow keys.
- To zoom in or out of the map, press + or –
- To learn more about a place, press the number associated with the place.