iOS 11.2 Update Rollout Brings Apple Pay Cash and Other Features
On Saturday, tech giant Apple rolled out its iOS 11.2 software update with slew of improvements and a few of new exciting additions. The major additions include support for Apple Pay Cash and faster wireless charging.
iOS 11.2 Update Rollout
Apple Pay Cash is a feature that allows iPhone users (iPhone 6 and higher versions) send cash to friends and family over iMessage. This is similar to PayPal’s Venmo. If it’s not showing up in your device update your iOS version to iOS 11.2.
Another cue to be taken is coming in the form of quick and faster wireless charging that company has brought with this update. Following are the list of major additions and fixes in iOS 11.2.
- Improvements in video camera stabilization
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
- Improves stability in Calendar
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store and Music
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications