The Ultimate Guide to Building a Private Blog Network
Have you ever thought of building your private blog network? If yes, we’re here to guide you on how to build a PBN from scratch this 2019.
Let’s start with what a PBN is.
What is a Private Blog Network (PBN)?
A Private Blog Network (PBN) is a network of authoritative websites which are used to build links to all of your money websites to help you rank higher in search engines.
If you’re not familiar with a money website, it is the site which you intend on ranking. It’s the website which makes money for you.
These private blog networks are not related to one another. For this reason, each PBN site can provide your money site with natural links compared to a blog owner linking to his site from their websites.
Is this against the guidelines of Google?
Yes, it is.
Google only tells you how to rank when they are telling you to use their AdWords, but when it comes to ranking using organic results, they won’t be of much help. After all, they make a lot of money from their ad revenue alone.
But do PBNs work?
Absolutely. If not, Google won’t be scaring people from doing it. However, this hasn’t stopped people from making private blog networks and ranking quickly.
So why does it work?
Easy. It’s because of the links. Backlinks are excellent at helping you rank on the first page of the SERPs.
This strategy is quite useful especially when the websites composing the PBNs are seen as authoritative. It’s because of this that a lot of people use PBNs.
But where can they buy pbn domain that has a high authority? Most look for highly trustworthy domains that have expired and aren’t needed.
And with all the number of domains that expire today? A lot of these have an excellent metric to become a part of a PBN.
Let’s take a look at what these metrics are.
When measuring domains, there are four metrics you have to consider. These include:
- Domain Authority – DA
- Page Authority – PA
- Trust Flow – TF
- Citation Flow – CF
What are these?
- The DA is what measures the authority of a domain based on its backlinks.
- The PA, on the other hand, is how authoritative a page is on a website based on the links going to it. Often, the DA influences the PA.
- TF measures the authority and trustworthiness of the links of the website.
- CF is all about how important the links are on the website.
A quick guide to knowing what domains to buy for your PBN is with these criteria:
- DA should be 18+
- TF should be 13+
- CF should be 15+
This is just a guide, but you don’t have to follow all of these accurately. Before purchasing the domain, there are still a few things you have to check such as:
- Referring Domains – This shows how many websites link to the domain. A good number to go with is 30 and above.
- Backlinks – This is all about how many links a website has. If a particular website linked to a domain four times, that’s about four backlinks and one referring domain. Before you buy pbn domain, you should check this first.
- Anchor Text – Lastly, the anchor text is essential. Check to see if it contains a brand name. Big brand names and those that are heavily keyword targeted should be avoided. These are usually associated with adult themed or fake goods.
To check the PBN domain, the best tool to use is Ahrefs. It has one of the most extensive index of live backlinks and currently, the most reliable.
Things You Should Know When Purchasing Domains
When it comes to PBNs, you can’t hide it from Google. You need these to pass on the power and see the links to make sure each of these sites is not related to one another. They should look like different persons own them.
You have to mix up your domain registration dates and registrars. Don’t put your information and name on the whois for each domain.
Set Up The Website
Once you have your hosting and domain, set up your website next. You should know what the site is going to be about.
You can opt to re-theme your new website and change it into a new topic which is a bit more relevant to your money sites. If the old version website used to be about plants and your money website is about pets, you can change your new website into a blog about the plants that pets can and cannot eat. This way, it will be relevant to your money site.
Another thing you can do is build a website around a city with some semi-fictional content. You can invent some fake names and roles, too.
Keep the old niche
If the pbn domain you bought has the same niche as your money site, then that’s great! You can keep the old niche. But how do you know the domain’s niche? One way is to use the Wayback Machine website to go back in time and see what the site used to look like.
You can also use the Topical Trust Flow of Majestic and figure out what the site’s niche or topic was.
Local business site
Another thing you can do is make your website look like a real, local business. Place a business logo. Add a few products and services (with photos), contact page, phone number and local address (make it up).
Once this is all done, do the final touches, and you’ve got yourself a website you can link to your money site!
Latest posts by Team BR (see all)
- 12 Best WordPress Restaurant Themes (Updated List) - July 7, 2019
- Many Benefits of Java Training for Aspiring Programmers - July 6, 2019
- How Online Shopping has Changed the Purchase Intent? - July 5, 2019