NCERT (National Council of Education and Research and Training) is a self-governing organization that is responsible to give advice to state and central governments on academic matters. Here in this article, we are going to see guidance on how to study the Class 10 Science NCERT book (chapter-wise guide).
This book is exhaustively used by CBSE students all across the nation. Most importantly, 70% of questions from the NCERT book are asked in competitive examinations such as IIT-JEE, NEET, and so on. Hence, it is advised for students to download NCERT Books Class 10 Science and start preparing.
Science is an essential subject for all engineering and medical professions. Science describes everything around the world in the form of Physics, Biology, and Chemistry. If you don’t know where to start, just follow the steps given below. These topics will give the essence of the subject. Hence, it will become easy for you to start without any confusion.
In this article, for the convenience of the students, every topic is stated. They can check off every time they finish a topic.
Before moving into chapters, one thing should be made a note of. The study material of every student should be divided into two types. They are core material and elaborative material.
A core material contains principles, formulae, theorems, diagrams, graphs. Whereas, the Elaborative material includes examples, illustrations, and quotes. For the preparation, students have to concentrate on core material than elaborative.
Chapter 1 – Chemical Reactions and Equations
The first chapter, deals with chemical equations, balancing equations, several types of chemical reactions such as
- Decomposition reactions
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
These are things you have to take care of with chapter 1.
Chapter 2 – Acids, Bases, and salts.
Moving on to chapter 2, the chemical properties of acids and bases are given in detail. Several basic reactions between acids and base included in this chapter are,
- How acids and bases react with metals
- How metal carbonates react with acid
- How metal hydrogen carbonates react with acids
- How acids and bases react.
- How metallic oxides react with acids.
- The reaction of acids and bases in water solution
Also, pH of salts, pH in everyday life is given much importance. If you study with these topics in mind, you will get the topic to be covered fully.
Chapter 3 – Metals and Non-Metals
In this chapter, you should learn about
The physical properties of
The chemical properties of metals
- with air
- metal salts
- And reactivity series.
Further, you should know about
- Metals and non-metals react
- properties of ionic compounds
- extraction of metals
- occurrence of metals
- refining metals
- corrosion and its prevention
Chapter 4 – Carbon and its compounds
To ace this chapter, you should learn about
- Bonding in Carbon – The covalent bond
- Versatile nature of Carbon
- chemical properties of carbon compound
- saturated & unsaturated compounds of Carbon
- soaps and detergents
Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements
In chapter 5, you should know about the history of the classification of chemical elements. I.E.
- Newlands Law Of Octaves
- Mendeleev’s Periodic Table
- The Modern periodic table
- Metallic and Non-metallic properties.
Chapter 6 – Life Processes
Whereas, in this chapter, the learner should know
- What is meant by life processes,
- Nutrition and forms
- Human respiration
- Excretory system of humans and plants.
Chapter 7 – Control & Coordination
In this chapter, you will take in concepts of
- The human brain
- The nervous system of animals
- how tissues and nerves cause actions and reflex actions
- coordination in plants and
- Hormones in animals
Chapter 8 – How do Organisms Reproduce
This chapter is all about reproduction in single organisms and reproduction in human beings and plants.
Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution
This chapter is all about
- variation of accumulation during reproduction
- Rules of inherited traits.
- evolutionary relationship
- stages of evolution and
- Human evolution
Chapter 10 – Reflection and Refraction
This chapter is all about
- Reflection of light
- Spherical mirrors
- Mirror formulae and magnification
- Refraction of light
- refractive index
- refraction by spherical lenses
- lens formula and magnification
Chapter 11 – The Human Eye (colorful world)
Students should be learning about
- Working of human eye & power accommodation
- Defects of vision and corrections
- Refraction of light through the prism
- atmosphere refraction
- dispersion of white light by a prism
- Scattering of light.
Chapter 12 – Electricity
In the electricity chapter, students should master in,
- Electric current and circuit
- Electric potential and differences
- Circuit diagram
- Ohm’s law
- resistance of a conductor
- resistance of system of resistors
- heating effects of the electric current
- Electric power.
Chapter 13 – Magnetic reactions on Electric current
As the name indicates, everything related to magnetic effects such as
- Magnetic field lines
- magnetic field due to current carrying conductor
- Right-hand thumb rule
- The magnetic field force on the current-carrying conductor.
- Electromagnetic induction
- Electric motor
- Electric generator
- Domestic electric circuits.
Chapter 14 – Sources of energy
This chapter consists of
- Conventional sources of energy
- Alternative & non-conventional sources of energy
- the environmental consequence of the usage of various kinds of energy
- Energy sources are long-lasting.
Chapter 15 – Our Environment
This chapter is all about
- Food chains and webs
- How humans’ role affects the environment.
Chapter 16 – Sustainable Management (Natural Resources)
In the last chapter, you will know about the ‘5Rs’ for saving the environment. They are
These topics are explained to help the students to learn about
- Need for managing natural resources
- Proper utilization and management of water resources
- Importance of forest and wildlife
- Management of water resources
- Water harvesting.
If you study with the topics provided above, you can give a top-notch performance in CBSE Class 10 exams.
Section-wise strategies to follow
As CBSE class 10 sciences are divided into 3 divisions namely, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.